Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 9: our Car

We went to Chicago today to go to the temple. So today, I am thankful for the car that got us there.
We have a great Corolla that's perfect for our little family. She gets great gas mileage. We can make it to and from Chicago on one tank of gas! She's a reliable car that doesn't break down on the side of highways during blizzards. We bought this car shortly after moving to Indiana and it was probably the biggest purchase we'd ever made. And just last month, we made the last payment so this beauty is all ours!

We've had lots of great adventures with this car. We've been to Minnesota, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Chicago, and made several trips to Indianapolis. The trunk looks small, but I'm always amazed at how much we can fit into it. We did lots of weekend yard projects this summer (maybe I should post about those some day...) and we hauled most of the supplies and tools home in our car.

I'm so grateful that we have a car. We plan to get many more years of use out of her.

2 comments:

Katie said...

No car payment is awesome. Yay! Although, I'm guessing that your house was a bigger purchase than the car. I mean, I know it's not California but still.... :-P

Mamacrapo said...

Haha. I love that your car is a "she". Of course, it makes sense since its so reliable and hard working! Kudos for paying your car off so quickly!