Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2: Saturdays

Today, I am grateful for Saturdays. We are so busy every other day of the week that sometimes Saturday is the only day we really have to be together as a family. It's nice to be able to relax for a day and not do any housework. This Saturday was a little extra special because a Lego Expo was in town. Dallin is all about Legos right now, so we knew he would really enjoy it. I didn't realize how much Connor would love it too.
This is Connor's "I-love-what-I-am-doing-so-much-that-I-can't-move-or-show-any-emotion" face. Also seen on the rides at the Mall of America.

These were remote controlled Lego cars. People could take turns driving a car along the course. Connor got to have a turn.

There were tons of cool Lego displays. Here is chess board.

These Mindstorm pieces were moved by computer and played a real game of chess as we watched.

There were large buildings and castles.

And displays complete with mini figure people. 

Dallin was really excited to see a Darth Vader Lego guys about 18 inches tall.
And a matching Vader mini figure by his feet. (Zoom in to see.)

 There were a few interactive play areas for the kids.
There was also a big folding table with the smaller, regular size Legos on it to play with, but Dallin had a hard time reaching those.

 Connor spent two hours straight here playing with blocks. Well, he was really playing with the trains, cars and any Duplo vehicles with wheels.
The boys loved our Lego Saturday.

We finished the day off with going out for dinner. We had a particularly bad experience on this outing with our waitress and waiting waaaaay too long for our food, but I'm trying to be positive here....., so I'll just say I'm grateful any time I don't have to do the dishes or clean up after a meal.
And it was really cute watching Connor eat ribs.

I'm grateful for a day to spend with my family.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That Lego expo looks awesome! I feel like I've gotten crappy service the last few times I've gone out to eat. Kids these days. :-P

Mamacrapo said...

BBQ ribs are yum! Too bad you had a stinky waitress. The Lego display looks pretty amazing.