Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15: craft night

A few local friends and I do a monthly craft night. We gather at one of our houses and work on craft projects. Sometime there is a set project that we each do together, or sometimes we just bring whatever we're already working on.

Tonight was craft night. I love having an excuse to get together with my friends, eat yummy "girly" snacks, and work on crafts. It's fun to see what everyone else is working on too. We have some pretty diverse crafts between us, from sewing clothes to spinning yarn to crocheting sweaters to making play masks with craft felt. I was working on a Christmas present for Dallin. I'll try not to spoil it too much in case he checks the blog, but here's a "test" run that I did as a birthday present for his friend:
I used freezer paper as a stencil to paint numbers onto bean bags.

I like how clean the lines are on the numbers. Dallin's bean bags will have letters of the alphabet on them. With capital and lower case letters on front and back, I spent most of the night just ironing stencils on 52 fabric squares and painting. I also ate some pumpkin cheesecake bars.

I'm thankful for craft night. Sometimes you really just need a girls night out. I'm grateful that I've made some good friends here, ones that I enjoy spending time with, even away from our kids.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I wish there were more people that love to craft where I live. Girls night outs are awesome!