Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 4: Temples

For Family Home Evening tonight, we talked about temples. We're going to the temple in Chicago this Saturday, so it seemed like a timely lesson. (For more information about temples, click here.) We made temples out of playdoh for our activity.
Each person chose a picture of a different temple and then constructed a copy out of playdoh.
(I love the boys' faces in this picture!!!)

 Can you guess the locations of these temples we made?

For my lesson, I laid out an individual picture of each member of our family. Then I had the boys close their eyes and I removed one picture to see if they could figure out who was missing. We did that several times. Then I told them that because our family is sealed in the temple, we get to be together forever and no one will ever have to be missing or gone. That knowledge is a great comfort to me; to know that no matter what happens on this earth, I will get to see my family again. Today, I am grateful for temples.

2 comments:

Mamacrapo said...

I love that all the temples have their own special pedestal except for yours, Sheri. What's up with that? You guys did a great job on these. I can actually tell what temple each one of them is. You're all so creative. Great FHE lesson!

Katie said...

Cute lesson idea! I can tell all but Connor's. Maybe it's cause it's black, but it kinda just looks like that Lego tower from Lord of the rings. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Tower-of-Orthanc-10237