Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 6: Connor

Today has been one of those day where Connor and I are butting heads on everything. Since I'm having a hard time appreciating his "personality" today, I thought it might be good if I concentrate my gratitude on him.

Connor is a ball of energy. He's constantly moving.

He's always hungry and very resourceful at finding his own food in the kitchen.
Food like the last few drops of lemon juice... And he kept going back for more...

 He's working on some pretty great facial expressions. He has the scowl down.

Connor's really into trains and pretty much anything with wheels. Construction vehicles, garbage trucks, cars: you name it, he can probably identify it.

I've mentioned before that he LOVES books and has a great memory/retention of what's been read to him. 
Here he is reading an ABC book of vehicles. He knows about 80% of this book, from "A is for Ambulance" to "Z is for Zamboni." Hearing him say "Zamboni" makes me smile every time.

Connor find joy in the little things. He knows which streets in town drive over train tracks and requests that I go those directions. He squeals with delight when the car bumpity-bumps over the tracks. Being stopped at a train crossing will normally frustrate me because it's slowing me down or making me late, but it's hard to be mad when Connor is in heaven in the back seat, pointing at every train car.

Connor likes music and likes to sing. Wheels on the Bus has been one of his long time favorites. 
He usually participates in the song more than this, so he must have been camera shy.

He's watched me play the piano enough times that he has it all figured out.
By the way, "Old McDonald" and "Twinkle Twinkle" are songs I rarely sing to them. I wouldn't be surprised if he heard it once and has remembered the words since then.

Same with this one:
Ok, so maybe I do catch myself singing this song around the house a lot.

I love hearing Connor talk. Not only does he mimic and repeat words, but he puts together his own words and thoughts. It is so fun to watch Dallin and Connor communicate with each other.

I can't wait to see the young man that Connor grows up to be. He has a great memory, a sharp mind and he's a fast learner. He is as stubborn as can be, which is really difficult at times, but I can only hope it will make him a determined person who doesn't quit and sticks to his tasks. I'm so grateful for the two years I've spent with Connor so far. I'm grateful that I get to be his mother.

3 comments:

Janene said...

I think the best part is how Connor has page turning figured out!

Katie said...

He has grown up so much! I can't believe he knows that whole ABC book. What a smart little guy.

Mamacrapo said...

Connor is adorable. I love his facial expressions and his enthusiasm.