Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10: perspective

You may have noticed that posts for the last two days were posted late. (Although, it's more likely that you guys aren't sitting by your computer all day waiting for a new blog post from me.) Saturday was a busy day in Chicago which is mostly the reason that kept me from posting. When I did finally sit down to blog, I couldn't get any pictures off my phone and the camera battery was dead so that wasn't working for me either. I was getting very frustrated, so I decided to blog later. I was complaining to Mckay about everything that wasn't working and how I couldn't do my blog posts,  going on and on and on... Dallin was there listening. He's good at hearing the tone and emotion in people's voices. 

Hearing my frustration, Dallin said, "Mom, you ok. Be happy."

With that cute little smile and his sweet voice, how could I not become instantly happy?

Here I was complaining because I've been blessed to have all these amazing electronics: a cell phone that I can use to call from ANYWHERE, a digital camera that takes great pictures, and a laptop that allows me to do so many amazing things like write a blog post that people anywhere in the world can see. I have so many things to be grateful for.

Dallin's words were also a good reminder to me and something that I've been working on a lot recently. Bad things are always going to happen. I will always face difficulties, stressful situations, and things will make me feel down and upset. It's how I react to those things that will make all the difference in how I feel and my relationship with my family. I can choose to feel upset, angry and be in a bad mood. Or I can choose to be happy in spite of the difficulties. I can attest to you that hard situations are much easier to deal with when your mind isn't clouded with anger and sadness.

I'm grateful for my sweet son and for the perspective he gave me today. I hope I will always remember his wise words: "Be Happy." 

2 comments:

Katie said...

He is SO cute! And PS, I did check your blog and I was like, "she's behind on blogging..." and then I checked later and you had post dated it and I was like, sneaky Sheri! I like the daily posts, keep them coming!

Mamacrapo said...

I LOVE that picture of Dallin. He looks so happy in it. What a sweet boy he is to cheer you up when you are stressed.