Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 20: cameras

I am thankful for cameras. I really enjoy looking through old pictures, remembering the events and emotions surrounding the picture.
Without a camera, I wouldn't be able to look back and see newborn Dallin:
He still makes that same face when he's really sad.

I wouldn't be able to see "Oxygen Dallin:"


or newborn Connor:


or Dallin's first Christmas:

or any of the thousands of memories we've made that pictures help us remember.

With each pregnancy and child I've had, I'm losing more and more of my mind memory. Pictures remind me of the fun things we've done, of the little moments I would've forgotten. A friend from college recently sent me some pictures she had of when Mckay and I first started dating. (Shout out to Kathryn!) We had gone up to Salt Lake to see Temple Square.
That was a really fun day. I was beginning to really like that guy.
And man, I wish I still had those jeans. They fit me so well.

I'm grateful for videos that capture the simple everyday moments, the funny things my kids do: like Connor playing the piano and singing or Dallin trying to jump to reach the ceiling and declaring "I can't reach!"

I'm grateful for cameras.

3 comments:

neil said...

I opened this post, saw the first picture, and immediately thought, "Sheri had another baby!? Man, nobody tells me anything!"

Katie said...

Bahaha at Neil's comment! I love cameras too. I go through our pictures sometimes and there's always something in there I totally forgot about. Those are some cute jeans! I wish AE still made that style cause they always fit me the best.

California Crapos said...

I love pictures, too. I look at ones of the kids after they're in bed to remind me that I love them enough to take care of them another day. I love seeing pictures of your kids and am glad you take and post them for us.