Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 7: Movie nights

Dallin likes Darth Vader. I'm not quite sure how it happened. As much as we love Star Wars, it's not a movie we've shown the boys yet. I think Dallin has seen Darth Vader toys and images enough in stores that he started to like him and now points out Darth Vader everywhere we go. 

I figured it was time to introduce him to the movie. He was so excited all night when we told him we would watch a Darth Vader movie. Mckay warned him that Darth Vader is a bad guy, but Dallin seemed unphased by this information. In fact, while saying the prayer before dinner, Dallin included, "Thank thee for bad guy..." I tried hard to contain my laughter.

We got pajamas, our Star Wars blanket and some Halloween candy and got ready for the movie.

Dallin was so excited I couldn't even convince him to sit down all the way.

This is the reaction when they see Darth Vader on screen for the first time:
You can hear him whine nervously and see him scoot closer to me. I think he was a little startled to see that Darth Vader was more malicious that he expected. But he still enjoyed the movie and I don't think it damped his love for Darth Vader. We had a fun time.

I'm grateful for movie nights. I'm thankful for the chance to snuggle up with my pajama-clad boys and share a favorite classic movie with them.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Lucas loves Chewbacca, and we've never showed him Star Wars either. We are totally planning on having our next movie night be Star Wars.

Mamacrapo said...

I don't know how you kept your composure during that wonderful prayer. I would have been laughing so hard!