Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 days hath September

Happy September!
I know that I've been pretty bad about blogging this past summer. Most of it was due to lack of convenient internet access, but now that we're getting settled here in Indiana and I have internet AND a laptop at my fingertips, there is no excuse. So I have made a goal to blog every day for the month of September. That's right, 30 blog posts in 30 days. Since most of you have never lived in Indiana, and our closest family members are more than a 16 hour drive away, hopefully this will give you a taste of what our new life and home is like. And maybe entice you to visit us...?

I can't promise that I'll actually be able to post everyday, but I'll try really hard to. At the very least, it will definitely be an increase from my normal blog posts.

What better way to start off the month than talking about Dallin! He likes to watch the things we do and copy them. Yesterday I was eating some carrots and he grabbed one and started chewing. We all know of Dallin's aversion to food, so I was surprised by this.
(Note: he didn't actually eat any carrot. He just played with it.)

My favorite thing that he's started doing is pretending to talk on the phone.
One day he picked up my phone, put it up to his ear and started talking gibberish.
All by himself.
I love it!

I've noticed he's more likely to "talk" on the phone if there is something talking back to him. In this video, there is music playing on the phone.
Oddly enough, if there is an actual person on the phone and you hold it up to Dallin's ear, he won't talk. He just stares at the phone.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm excited for the increase in posts. Dallin looks so cute talking on the phone. Lucas is the same way with the phone, btw. If he presses buttons and it makes noise, he loves it, but if someone is on the phone talking to him, he's really weirded out by it.

Alan C said...

Cute photos and video. Hopefully you have adjusted to the slightly smaller apartment.

John said...

Dallin is quite the talker and so adorable.

Karen C. said...

I love the video with Dallin talking on the phone. I can even hear him saying "hello". It will be exciting to have more blogs from you. Make sure that translates into LOTS of cute pictures of Dalberto!