Friday, September 3, 2010

3 Things

*The laundry in our building costs $1.50 for each wash and each dry. That's about $10 a week on laundry for our family. Ridiculous! However, yesterday I discovered something that made me happy. The dryers are really huge. I put 2 loads of wash into 1 dryer and all the clothes came out absolutely dry. Success!

*Now that we've moved to a new state, we have to go through the process of getting Dallin started with a new Early Intervention program so he can receive physical therapy services. A lady from the Indiana program came to meet with me and Dallin today. She needed all kinds of information to get started, like his current pediatrician in Indiana (we don't have a pediatrician here for Dallin yet), his health insurance information (we're waiting to get approved for his Medicaid health insurance), and pay stubs from Mckay's current job (he won't get any pay checks from Purdue until the end of September). I could tell she was a little frustrated with not having everything she needed and our proof of income, but I just didn't have it to give to her. Most of the information she needed was to see if we would qualify for free services. I really just wanted to say, "Look, I promise you, we are poor enough." Luckily, I think she has enough information that we can get Dallin started in the program.

*Tomorrow is Mckay's birthday and his parents are coming out to visit us for the weekend. They came to visit us last year on Mckay's birthday too and they brought him a laptop as a present. I wonder what they'll get him this year? A car? Maybe a vacuum? We could use one of those.

I'm off to clean and get the apartment ready for a birthday and visitors!

3 comments:

John said...

When I was doing laundry at Cherrywood, the washers were $1.50 too. I think the dryers might have been a little cheaper. If you're getting a vacuum, go for a dyson!

Katie said...

Yay for the birthday! Sad for the frustrating things. Hang in there, pretty soon it'll feel like home and you'll be sad to leave.

Karen C. said...

Sounds like a fun tradition that Mckay's parents come out for his birthday every year. I think your parents ought to come visit for YOUR birthday every year. Traditions are such a wonderful thing.

If only you had hook-ups for a washer and dryer. That would save you lots of money...