Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy 23rd!

Friday was Mckay's 23rd birthday. (Can you beileve he's so old?) His parents surprised him for his birthday by driving out here from Colorado to spend the weekend with us. We had so much fun with them, and it was nice to spend time with them, since we don't get to see them very often. They treated us to dinner at TGIFridays, and then we came home for cake and presents.

This is my amazingly delicious carrot cake. For some reason my carrot cakes always sink in the middle, so this cake kind of looks like a volcano.

new clothes (they look really good on him, by the way)
Mckay really wanted this movie edited, but edited movies are really hard to come by due to the lawsuit against movie editing companies. Being the good wife that I am, I searched all over for an edited copy and I found one! And it's a really good movie and very enjoyable with all the swear words taken out.

Here is the big birthday surprise:
Mckay's parents got him a new laptop! I'm sure many of you know that Mckay's old laptop was injured when a car ran into it while it was on Mckay's back, so the once portable laptop was converted into a useable but odd desktop.
Now he has a laptop again that he can take to class!

We had a fun weekend of celebrating and spending time with family. Now that Mckay is 23, that means I'm next in a few months. I don't know if I'm ready to be 23....

4 comments:

Austin said...

I'm going to be 23 soon too!!! Crazy! I feel the same way... am I ready for it? ha...

Unknown said...

Haha! The clothes you got McKay for his birthday are almost identical to the ones I got Derek for his birthday last month.

Crapos said...

Your cake is very pretty, even if the top is caving in :)

Karen C. said...

I love the picture with Mckay and his surprised face (with the laptop). I wish I had been there so I could taste some of the yummy carrot cake. Mckay must have been a very good boy this year to have had such a wonderful birthday. Good job!