Thursday, September 23, 2010

Piano Player

In our Provo apartment, I always felt very self conscious playing our piano. It was very easy to hear our neighbors through the walls and, therefore, very easy for them to hear me if I played the piano. And we had our piano against a wall that we shared with a neighbor, so if I did play, I tried to play quietly.

I feel better about playing in our new place. I can't ever hear any of our neighbors, and the piano isn't against a wall we share with anybody. Nobody has complained yet, so I think I'm safe.
Dallin likes to sit on my lap while I play. He puts his hands on the keys. He doesn't really hit the keys repeatedly, he hits them once and then keeps his hands on them, pushing them down. It makes it hard to play a song when Dallin is using all the keys you need.
He rests his head on the keys too, blocking even more of them. Occasionally, he'll try to eat or lick the keys.

I'll teach him how to really play eventually.

3 comments:

Karen C. said...

Ummmm. Why is there a leash around Dallin's tummy? (Just kidding)

These are such cute pictures of Dallin. I think he is going to be a famous pianist someday.

I'm glad that you are able to feel comfortable about playing your piano in your apartment. I have always loved listening to you play.

Alan C said...

I can't wait to listen to Dallin play the piano after you teach him. He is so cute.

John said...

He looks like a natural. Just look at that finger placement. I imagine he's just experimenting with the use of his head for playing since he's fingers only stretch so far. Or maybe he's communing with the piano. He looks very calm with his head there.