Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BHAG?

Judging by the comments from my last post, few if any of you know what a BHAG is. For those of you who are dying to know but haven't looked it up on your own, BHAG stands for Big Hairy Audacious Goal. The phrase was coined by 2 men who were studying large successful companies and seeing what made each one successful. They found that each company had started with a very big goal, and worked as hard as they could to achieve that goal. So, in mine and Mckay's conversation, he mentioned a specific amount of money he thought we could save in the next 11 months for buying a house. I didn't think we'd be able to save that much money, and then he said, "It'll be our BHAG. We'll make a goal to save that much money." Apparently Donald Trump uses this phrase a lot. Don't ask me when Mckay become a Donald Trump aficionado.

So there you have it. Now we've all learned something new.

I finally got around to hanging up all our pictures in our apartment. It looks a lot nicer. More like a home. More like it belongs to us now that there are cute little pictures of Dallin all over the place. While unpacking the picture frames, I found our wedding guest book. I enjoyed looking back over all the names of friends and loved ones.

I really love this one page in particular:
A whole page taken up by my 4 brothers. Great job guys.
This made me laugh.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That's an awesome page. I'm going to go get mine and see if there are any surprises.

Karen C. said...

I was convinced BHAG stood for 'Big Hairy And Gross'--you know, like those spiders that lurk in dark places...

I love the picture of your wedding album page. You definitely have creative brothers.

John said...

I think I vaguely remember signing that. They hardly left any room for me!