Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Picture Frame Re-do

While I was unpacking, I found this picture frame.
It was given to me when I was a teenager. At the time I thought it was pretty cute. Since then, my tastes have matured and I no longer like the style of the frame. I thought about getting rid of it, but then I decided to fix it up. (I've been in a crafty mood lately so I jumped at the chance to craft something.)

I took the back and glass out of the frame and removed all the hardware from the back.

The paint was bumpy in some places so I wanted to sand it down. Apparently we don't have sand paper, so I used something else. A nail file.
Pretty clever, eh?

I got some black acrylic craft paint at the store for 97 cents.
I painted the entire wood frame. It took a few coats to get it all looking nice and even.

And then I was done!
It was a very easy fix up, and now I feel like I have a new picture frame. And it only cost me 97 cents! I like it.
Plus, everything looks better with a picture of Dallin in it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Very clever. That's a mighty fine looking Christmas Tree. :)

Karen C. said...

You are such a crafty girl. I love your new 97 cent picture frame. I have a picture frame that would look cuter with a picture of Dallin in it (hint hint). Tell Mckay I found a photographer to take family pictures at Christmas time.

John said...

The frame looks much improved. Good job! And kudos for the creativity of using a nail file as sandpaper.