Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacation in Denver

We just got back from a trip to Denver to visit Mckay's family. We had such a good time! Dallin loved playing with all his cousins. I love that he's old enough now to run around and really interact with them. I'm always so bad about taking pictures of what we do, but I did catch a few cute ones of Dallin.

We saw Harry Potter 7.2 and then hung around the mall for an outdoor concert. There was a water fountain outside and Dallin got so excited when he saw it.
(Click on this picture to make it bigger so you can really see the excitement in his face.)

He tried commanding the water with his hands.
But then he got a little nervous when the water shot up and got him.

He could have watched that water fountain for hours.

We went to the Denver Children's Museum. Dallin explored a lot.
His favorite part was the little play kitchen; he kept on coming back to it.
And he even put the dishes in the sink! I really want him to have a play kitchen of his own at home. If anyone is looking for a Christmas present idea for him...

Dallin and his cousin Graham liked playing with the trains, but I think Mckay actually had the most fun building the track for them.
(Mckay's sister Annie and her sweet, adorable baby are sitting on the bench behind them.)

Graham was a little sad when he was told he had to share a train with Dallin. (I hope you can see his pouty face through the blurry picture.)
Dallin crawled around and really had a fun time.
You can tell by how messy his shorts got.

We had such a fun relaxing time and it was nice to catch up on rest and sleep in.
(I didn't want to post this picture because it's not the most flattering of me, but Mckay worked so hard to capture it. And it is a little cute.... I guess...)

I think we wore Dallin out from the trip because he was pretty tired when we got home.

3 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like Dallin had a really fun time playing with all his cousins. I love how happy he is looking at the fountain.

Alan C said...

Great photos of Dallin. I like the last one. The fountain photos are fun. Thanks.

Karen C. said...

These are really great pictures. My favorite are the fountain pictures (Dallin really does look excited about that fountain!), the picture of Mckay, I mean Dallin....playing with the train, and the picture of you and Dallin sleeping. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation.