Monday, August 8, 2011

Likes and Dislikes

I dislike having Dallin's therapists come over Monday morning, requiring me to get up early and clean.

But I like that he will be starting speech therapy soon.

And I like having a clean kitchen after therapy.
I like that people will put all kinds of cartoons and Disney movies on YouTube, and that Dallin enjoys watching them so much.
I dislike that Dallin enjoys watching them so much, and I dislike feeling guilty about it, even if it's just for a few minutes of my sanity.

I dislike the grumpy, moody funk Dallin has been in since we got back from Colorado. I don't know why he thinks that throwing tantrums and crying all day will get him his way.

But I like that I get occasional glimpses of the cute sweetheart he is.
(...as he's trying rip the camera from my hands...)

I like the plate of fresh peppers, peaches and potatoes in my kitchen that we got at the Farmer's Market on Saturday.
Two big beautiful peppers already sacrificed themselves for our dinner last night: Chile Rellenos.

I like having a bouquet of Queen Anne's Lace flowers on my table, fresh from the field by our house.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm jealous of your big beautiful clean kitchen. Having a clean kitchen definitely improves my mood. I bet Dallin would love curious George. I should send you some episodes to see. I feel bad about letting Lucas watch tv too, especially when this girl at the park said she limits her kids to 10 minutes a week. But how else am I supposed to make my kitchen clean?

Alan C said...

I like your kitchen. It looks really nice. I'm glad you can enjoy your new house.

Karen C. said...

Your house looks beautiful. I bet you are so happy to have some space after living in that tiny apartment for so long. Dallin is sweet and cheerful all the time. I'm pretty sure you have been misrepresenting his moodiness. I LOVE chili rellenos, and Queen Anne's lace. I'm glad you have more things to like than to dislike.