Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How to lose weight...

If you are trying to lose weight or eat less, I have a solution for you: trade places with me.

I feel like every time I make myself something and sit down to eat it, either Mckay or Dallin will come up and want to have a bite (or 5) of my delicious food. It's mostly Dallin that does this, but I can't tell you how many times I've warned Mckay not to take food from a hungry pregnant lady.

It's not like I don't make food for them too. There is plenty of food around and tons of snacks ready to grab and eat, but it seems like Dallin always prefers what I have to eat. Today, I made him lunch. And not just a peanut butter sandwich or something, he got the leftovers from last night's dinner.
A delicious Vegetable Bolognese, except I added some hot Italian sausage.

I could have claimed this gem of a meal for myself, but Dallin is picky and I knew he would eat this. While he stuffed his face with pasta, I scrounged enough scraps of food to put together a pretty decent breakfast/lunch burrito of sorts. Finally, Dallin was full of pasta and would not eat another bite. I freed him from the high chair, and sat myself down on the couch to enjoy my meal and moment of peace while I caught up on blog reading.

And then, somehow, Dallin is beside me, begging for food. (Who taught him how to get up on the couch by himself?!?) I offered him a bite of burrito, thinking he wouldn't actually eat any, but he did! I had to hurry to eat the burrito myself between bites for Dallin so that I could actually consume more of it than he did.

I feel like I always have to fight Dallin off to get the food down my throat. And let's not forget that what finally makes it into my body has to be shared with my other son-in-utero. I tell you what, between these 3 boys, it's a miracle I get enough to eat at all!



(Note to reader: Don't be worried, I am not actually losing any weight, as would not be healthy for a pregnant woman of my size. I am gaining weight very steadily and normally. But if a person were trying to lose weight, I know a little boy who could help out by eating all the food before said person has a chance to.)

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is so funny, but what a nice change from Dallin's previous aversion to food. That meal looks delicious, good call on the sausage. :-)

Alan C said...

I'm glad that he like food so much these days. That is pretty exciting.

Karen C. said...

I would love to have a little Dallin to help eat my food so I could lose weight! I think you could start a business renting Dallin out to dieting "hopefuls". I don't know why it is that food always looks tastier when someone else is eating it. But I'll tell you what, Dad takes a chance with his life when he tries to eat my french fries!