Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day Bash!

St. Patrick's Day has always been a pretty big deal in my family. There is a bit of Irish heritage in our family, so we always have a big St. Patrick's day dinner. Growing up, we would have dinner at my Grandparent's house, because she lived really close to us in St. Louis. Since I moved away for college and my Grandparents moved from St. Louis some years ago, I've just celebrated with whatever family was around. Well, my Grandparents and my aunt Debbie, along with her kids, just moved to Utah. We got to have a St. Patrick's Day bash just like the good ol' days when I was young.

Grandpa and Grandma Blank
Debbie and her kids, plus my kid
This was an extra special day because my little brother Joseph got his mission call. He waited until we were all together for dinner to open it.
He called my mom and dad so they could hear as he opened it, even though they were far away.
He is going to the Micronesia Guam Mission!

He will be speaking English (although it's possible he'll learn a local dialect when he gets there) and he will report to the MTC on May 19th. I'm so excited for him. I'm sure he will have many wonderful experience as he shares the gospel with the people of Guam.

We had a fun St. Patrick's day. It was full of fun, food, family, and a fmission call.

6 comments:

MGEalick822 said...

I can't believe how old your cousins are!!!! They used to be so little.. :)
I keep forgetting me getting older means other people do too..lol
Tell Joseph Congrats for me!

Karen C. said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun St. Patrick's Day celebration. Just like old times. And everybody looks so green!

Thanks for the pictures of Joseph with his mission call! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Alan C said...

I wished we could have been there for the festivities. Great food and the MISSION CALL!!! I am excited for Joseph.

John said...

Good times! The green jello looks awesome.

Katie said...

That was so much fun!! Dinner was so yummy and it was pretty funny having everyone in the room on the phone with some other relative that couldn't make it. I'm going to try to post the video of Joseph later today.

Kathryn Pepper said...

I love fmission calls.