Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1st Birthday Hoopla!

My little baby is One year old now. Time sure flies when you're a mom. I can still remember being in the hospital with him and bringing him home, so it can't have been THAT long ago.
Since Dallin is still pretty young (despite his recent age achievement), there wasn't much that we did to celebrate his birthday, since he won't really remember it. Our celebrating was more for my sake.
Here is Dallin at his birth minute, 12:02 pm. He was taking a nap but he woke up when I came in his room.
I think he was mad that I was looking at him and not picking him up.
He got happier later on in the day.
We did a few of the things that he likes to do. We went grocery shopping. He loves sitting in the seat like a big boy.
He got a present from Grandma Crapo that he was pretty excited about.
Tada!
This will be great for helping him learn how to walk. He really loves it. Thanks Grandma!

Dallin also got to play with his cousin and his aunts. He really liked this hat that aunt Sarah put on him.

I made him some cupcakes that look and taste really amazing.
Dallin is still learning how to eat solid foods without gagging. We gave him the traditional cake of his own to dig into and attack and I hoped he would at least try to eat a little bit.
He never brought the cake anywhere near his mouth, but he really loved squishing the cake and frosting between his hands. I guess if he enjoyed himself that's all I can ask for.

Happy Birthday Dallin! We love you so much!

6 comments:

Amy Meyer said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! I love the cupcakes, what were they made out of? Isn't amazing how fast they grow up!

The Easton Family said...

Happy Birthday little boy! Looks like a great day! I love those things too...napping, grocery shopping and cupcakes! Lucky boy!

Sheri E. said...

The cupcake was a white cake mix separated into bowls and then using food coloring, I colored each bowl of batter a different color. Then you layer it in each cupcake liner.

Katie said...

That's pretty cute. I love him not eating his cupcake. That cracks me up. He was such a happy one year old yesterday. Happy next year of life, baby!

Kathryn Pepper said...

Yay Dallin! Happy birthday!

John said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! He has such a cute smile.