Monday, October 15, 2012

Walking and first hair cut

So, just over a week ago, Connor decided he was finally going to start walking instead of crawling. I intended to get a video of his early, shaky and unbalanced steps, but that didn't happen. And now in this short amount of time, he is walking like a pro. He can walk from one side of the house to the other, turning corners, stopping and starting several times and never once fall to the ground. I'm amazed at how quickly this happened!

He can walk when he's mad at you for not letting him play with the camera.
And he can walk while shaking a tambourine.
He walks really fast sometimes and I'm always waiting for him to just fall forward on his face, but he doesn't.


Not only is he walking now, but he got his first hair cut tonight! He had a long tuft on top and he was rocking a baby mullet in the back, so it was time.
 I thought he'd be really squirmy and uncooperative so I had Mckay do the cutting while I held him down, but Connor was very good. Probably because he was very interested in the clippers and just wanted to watch what was happening. I doubt we'll be so lucky next time.
He looks older now.
I can't believe he'll be a year old in a few days...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, he is walking really well. He does look like such a big boy with his hair cut.

Sarah Breneman said...

I seriously can't believe how different he is looking all of a sudden!

Unknown said...

He's gonna get super mad if you don't give him that scrumptious camera.

Karen C. said...

Walking is very beneficial exercise...

I love his very fast little baby steps. He really does look like he is on the verge of tripping. Go Connor!