Monday, October 8, 2012

Crafting

I've been in a really crafty mood lately. I think it has something to do with the changing seasons, though I'm not sure why. I made a display for my necklaces so I can see them all easily and now they don't get tangled in my jewelry box.
 I used a picture frame from Goodwill, spray painted the wood, and then used fabric and quilt batting to make the backing.

I sewed buttons to the fabric to hang the necklaces from.
Not only is it functional, I also think it's pretty. Kind of like a work of art.

I also made some art for the boy's bathroom to match the shower curtain.
 
I actually made these a while ago, put haven't posted about them. They were super easy.
I traced some images from the curtain onto cardstock, got cheap craft paints and painted the images on the paper. Then I framed them. Easy!

I'm working on a felt Advent Calendar for Christmas. I know it's a little early, but I have to finish by December 1st, and I'm sewing it all by hand so it'll take some time. I'm loving the ornaments I've made so far.
The mitten and candy cane aren't completely sewn together yet. (I'm using mostly this advent calendar as my inspiration.)

I made a simple drawstring bag to hold the boys' church toys.

 And I also whipped up a smaller bag to hold the birthday present I'm making for Connor. (His birthday is in 10 days!)
Any guesses as to what I'm making for him?

Connor has been doing some crafty work of his own.
He chewed on his crib!
I know lots of kids do this, but Dallin never did and Connor has had teeth for a while now so I figured we'd be safe. I think this was his way of getting back at me for putting him down to nap before he was done playing.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cute! I love the pictures in the bathroom. What a great idea.

Sarah Breneman said...

Well look at you! Everything looks so good! I was actually just telling Nate the other day about how I wanted an advent calendar, maybe I'll make one!