Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day

We went camping on the Friday and Saturday before Mother's Day. We had a lot of fun and it was a nice break from regular household duties; that's my favorite way to celebrate Mother's Day!

It was our stake family campout. It's normally the weekend they do a Father and Sons campout, but they invited the whole family this year. Both the boys did very well while camping. They slept well and we all stayed warm in our tent.
 This picture makes me laugh because I don't think there have ever been so many conflicting fabric patterns in one picture.

Dallin had a blast running around with all the other kids there.
 
And petting the dog.

Dallin loved the fire (as any young child would) and couldn't stand that everyone else got to play in it.
So we let him play in the cold ashes. 

We did a lot of sitting around the campfire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

There was a great Frisbee golf course there. Mckay practiced his "putting."

Connor discovered the pocket knife.

Dallin pushed Connor around in the stroller.
It reminded me a lot of when we went camping at Eagle Lake in 2009 when Dallin was just a baby and my cousin Stori was pushing Dallin around in the same stroller.
 See? Almost identical pictures.

On Mother's Day we made Steak Fajitas for dinner and Mckay did the dishes for me. I got to snuggle with my sweet boys.
 Dallin and Connor got me some knee length shorts and a cute necklace with matching earrings.

Mckay put a lot of thought into his present for me. He heard me mention months ago that I wanted a nice dress to wear to church, but it's really hard to find one that is long enough, covers enough, etc. but is still attractive. He spent hours online searching and bookmarking websites that had modest dresses. He narrowed down his top picks and then showed them to me so I could make the final pick. Because we had to wait for the dress to be shipped, I didn't get to wear it on Mother's Day, but I did get to wear it yesterday and I think it looks pretty cute.
Mckay did a good job. I am such a lucky mom.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Very cute dress. I like it. It looks like the boys had fun camping too.

Sarah Breneman said...

That dress is cute! I've had the same problem finding dresses actually, and you'd think living in Utah would make it easier but not so! Seems like you had a good mother's day weekend

John said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm jealous of your camping trip. That sounds like a great idea.

Karen C. said...

Its been so long since I've been camping. Hearing about your camping trip makes me want to go soon.

Cute dress! Good job, Mckay.