Monday, October 18, 2010

If "Spring has Sprung," then "Fall has... Fallen"?

It's definitely fall here now. Earlier in the month we had a few cold days mixed in with the warm, but now the weather has resigned to be cold for the duration of the year. All the leaves are falling and I've started pulling out our winter clothes. Dallin still fits in last years winter clothes. I'm so glad I'm getting a good use out of them. Today has been a cold, dreary day. We've been inside all day. Dallin has been crawling from room to room collecting things and putting them in other places. I found a cell phone amongst the board games. Currently, Dallin is shoving toys in with my piano music. In an effort to do something a little exciting, I made rice krispy treats. In honor of the season, I melted some chocolate and piped festive designs on the squares.
It's nothing fancy, but it was pretty fun.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I just saw a commercial for rice krispy treats and I thought of you always making them. How funny. Lucas totally still fits in some of his winter clothes from last year too. They're a little tight but I just love some of them too much to let them go.

Karen C. said...

Those rice krispy treats are definitely festive looking. You are such an artistic cook. It makes me happy to think of Dallin crawling around and rearranging things. He has waited a long time to be able to do that. I think he should get all the satisfaction out of it that he can!

John said...

I love rice krispy treats. Those look very festive and tasty.