Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Falling off the Couch

Dallin as been learning how to get down off the couch by himself. He has gotten down a few times all by himself by putting his feet over the edge and slowly lowering/falling down to the ground and landing on his feet.

Now he's discovered a new way to get down from the couch. Head first. It really scared me the first time he tried it and I caught him and helped him down slowly. But now he thinks it's fun and he keeps doing it. I've stopped trying to catch him on the way down, because I figured the only way he's going to learn not to do it is to get hurt, and then he won't want to do it again. But it doesn't hurt him! He just thinks it's funny.
I guess it's not so bad if he's not getting hurt, but I'm worried that one of these times he'll fall onto something hard/sharp and hurt himself, or fall on his head wrong and injure his head or neck. He even tried once to go over the arm of the couch (ie higher off the ground) head first. I let it happen. No crying. A little shock at first, but then he smiled and proceeded to play with whatever he was after.

I don't know what to do with this daredevil.

4 comments:

Katie said...

HAHAHA! That is so funny. Yeah, I'd be worried about it too. But if he's not getting hurt, he's not going to stop doing it.

John said...

What a CRAZY kid! It's kind of funny and shocking all at the same time.

Alan C said...

I believe dare devil is in his genes and he is going to do things like that. Kids do scary things.

The Mylers said...

THAT'S AWESOME!