Monday, April 29, 2013

Angry Birds

One of my piano students recently tried out for his elementary school talent show. His mom mentioned it would be coming up and thought it would be nice for me to find him a new, special song to play for the talent show. I though for a good long while about his song choice. I wanted it to be something "cool" that the other kids at school would really appreciate. And then it hit me: the Angry Birds theme song!

 This boy LOVES angry birds. And so does every other kid. And many adults. I'm not sure why... Anyway, I found free sheet music for an arrangement of Angry Birds for piano (link here), but this was a little advanced for my student. So I just arranged a easier version for him! (No big deal...) It actually wasn't too difficult to do. I mostly used the music I had already found, but I changed the key, simplified even more and shortened the song. Ok, so I changed a lot of it. Here it is:




And here's a link to the actual sheet music. (I was actually hoping to have a picture of the sheet music displayed above but I can't figure out how to do that exactly. It is pretty cool that you can hear and "see" the music though.)

I found this cool website called Noteflight that allows you to compose your own music online and print it. The music editor is a little tedious, but this is the first program like this that I've ever used so I don't know how it compares to others. And it's free (up to 10 compositions) so I figured I'd give it a try.

I'm pretty proud of this song, probably because it's the first arrangement of anything I've ever done. Oh, and my student passed auditions and will be in his talent show! I'm not sure how competitive this talent show audition was, but I am very proud of all his hard work in practicing.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is awesome! You're the best piano teacher ever!