Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter

 
 The day before Easter, we went to an egg hunt at a friend's house. This was Connor's first time so we had to teach him how to do it.
This is the only picture that proves my mom was actually here for Easter weekend. And the only picture of me (in the background, without a head).
 
He eventually figured it out and slowly wandered the yard looking for eggs.
 The problem was there were several kids who were older and faster than him. As soon as he had his eyes set on an egg, another child would reach it before he could.
 
So he started gathering rocks and chunks of dirt.
 
And somehow at the end he still didn't have much in his basket. I wonder how that happened?
Maybe if he could keep his basket upright.
 
 Dallin found lots of eggs and collected a basketful of candy he won't eat.
But he enjoyed the social aspect of opening his eggs and admiring the candy with the other kids anyway.
 
Easter Sunday is always very busy for us. Our ward at church always does a big musical Easter program and we are part of the choir (Mckay sings, I play the piano) and I'm one of the only people in our ward who will play the piano. (Notice I said WILL play. A few people
do play a little, but don't feel comfortable playing in front of others. Like I'm this outgoing extrovert that loves performing in front of others?! ...but this is a topic for another day...) So we had to get to church early Sunday morning to practice with the choir before performing.
 
AND there was a stake musical Easter program that night that I was also involved in. (Maybe I should start saying no the people.) Between the 2 musical programs, I learned and semi-perfected 9 new songs in a matter of weeks. (Not to mention the wedding I played for one week before Easter with a few new songs to learn for that.) AND did I mention I played a piano solo as part of the Easter program? I spent A LOT of time at the piano the weeks before Easter, practicing and marking notes on the music; so much time that Connor began to mimic me and make marks of his own on my music.
 
So, after morning church and a delicious ham dinner, we did a small egg hunt of our own. It was a rainy day, so we hid the eggs inside in our living room.
The boys, waiting at the starting line, thought their baskets should go on their heads.
 
 Having already hunted for eggs the day before, the boys were warmed up and ready to go! We did have to help them find a few of the harder eggs.
This picture makes me laugh. We told Dallin there was one by the window. He kept looking outside the window and couldn't see the two eggs 6 inches from his head.
 
 Several times he pointed to the decorative Easter tree and said "Egg!"
Mom and I just nodded. "Yes we know there are eggs on the tree." We didn't see the plastic egg that Mckay hid in the branches. Dallin is a pretty good egg finder.

2 comments:

Ryan G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I love the picture of you at the top. Lookin' good! Sounds like your Easter was pretty busy. I'm glad you made it through and that you were still able to have a a bit of fun.