Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Birthday Boy

What happens when Dallin's Birthday, Easter and Grandma Crapo's visit all fall on the same weekend?

It makes for one really fun, very busy weekend!

Dallin turned 4 this year. We threw him a pizza birthday party, because he looooves pizza.
I made the invitations, but I didn't use my Cricut this time, only scissors and paper punches.

To start the party off, the children got to decorate and make their own paper chef hats. 
And I made an apron for each child to wear and take home as a party favor.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of all the aprons before the party, so you don't get to see the cute "girl" ones I made.
The aprons were a fast easy sewing project. I mostly based them off this tutorial HERE.
Super easy chef hat tutorial HERE.

Then everyone got to make their own pizzas. Mckay took over as "master chef" and showed all the kids how to roll out the dough and build a pizza with the toppings of their choice.


 It was kind of a mad house with 28 people (adults and kids) all in our kitchen making pizzas at the same time. I may have bitten off more than I could chew when planning this party. Thank goodness I had Mckay and my mom to help me out. They never once looked at me and told me I was crazy for thinking we could handle this, they just jumped right in and helped from beginning to end. I have a great husband and mom.

 To go with the pizza theme, a friend made a "pizza" cake for me.
The inside was just a regular cake and all the decoration is frosting (no real olives or cheese). Doesn't it look AMAZING?! It was pretty tasty too.

I made some paper bunting for the wall with the colors of the Italian flag, as well as some paper pizza slices for the walls throughout the house.
And I made a playlist of Italian pizzeria type music which really added to the atmosphere. (Here's a link to the playlist if you're really interested.) 

 Dallin isn't a fan of cake and rather than trying to force him to eat cake unsuccessfully for a 4th year in a row, I got him a donut to eat instead.
 And it's a good thing I got him his own "cake" because with all his hard work blowing the candles out at that downward angle, some drool escaped his mouth and put one of the candles out.
 You can see some of the drool in this picture. Cool/gross.

Dallin got lots of fun new toys from his friends, including lots of puzzles, which he is thrilled about.

The next day he opened his big present from Grandma Crapo. 
 I'm not sure if all of this love was for the big box or the Spongebob wrapping paper on it.

 He got a sand/water table to play with outside. 
He is going to have a blast with this once it finally gets warm enough to play outside again.

As if all of this weren't enough birthday fun, Dallin is in a birthday card club for kids with Williams Syndrome. He got tons of birthday cards from buddies all across the country (and even Australia!).
Many of the cards had stickers in them.
He's a sucker for stickers.

 He was so happy to open all the cards.
Even though it's a little blurry, I love this picture. "Yay for cards!"

Yay for birthdays!

Yay for handsome four year old boys!

2 comments:

Ryan G said...

He looks so grown up in these pictures. That birthday party looks awesome! How creative and cute! You did a really good job. And that pizza cake is amazing. Happy Birthday Dallin!!

Ryan G said...

Oops, this is Katie.