Thursday, January 31, 2013

Strange Boys

My boys are pretty darn cute. They also do some very strange things sometimes. I'm not sure where they come up with these things.

They like to steal my kitchen utensils and play with them.
You know, just hanging out in a cardboard box with a whisk, pastry cutter, pie server, spaghetti spoon, and an empty spice container. 


Dallin has recently learned how to take off his own pants. While this is a great milestone to hit, it also means that he can take off his pants... whenever he wants. This usually happens during the middle of my piano lessons when I'm teaching girls. In an effort to help him keep his pants on (and because I had a new piano student starting and I wanted our family to look normal), I let him choose which pants he wanted to wear. He chose red sweat pants. And then he wanted to wear a matching red sweatshirt.
This has happened two days in a row where he has chosen the same outfit. And he wanted to wear it to bed over his pajamas. I hope this is a short phase.


Dallin has really taken to this sorting colors thing and has begun sorting his puzzle pieces by color. 
Ok, so maybe he got that one from Mckay, an expert puzzle piece sorter.



We had sour cream out with our Mexican dinner last night. Since the container was almost empty, I let Connor lick the spoon. And then he kept going back for more. He probably had 8 or so spoonfuls.
(Mckay took a great video of it too, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to upload videos from my new camera. I'll try to post it later.)

I really love sour cream so I guess Connor gets this from me.

Maybe our whole family is strange.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lucas has been really into wearing multiple items of clothing too. Like he wants to put his clothes for the day on over his pajamas. At one point he had 4 different shirts on. I think it must be the age. You guys are a bunch of weirdos. :-P