Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Home Decor

Dallin brings artwork home from preschool nearly every day. Our refrigerator has reached surface area capacity and there is not space for even one more pipe cleaner, pom pom, or paper plate craft. So I made something that could hang in his room to display his artwork.
It was pretty simple, I mostly copied this tutorial. I painted two long pieces of wood and glued clips to the board.
The hardest part was getting them hung up on the wall. The boards sat in Dallin's closet for a few months waiting for a Saturday when a certain man of the house could hang them up for me. (When I hang things up, they don't look level.... because they aren't.)

I cut some letters with my Cricut :) and pinned them over the boards. Easy!

While we had a hammer and nails out, we hung up some pictures in our front room.
I know, we've been in this house for over 18 months and still haven't hung up all our pictures!? I have trouble deciding how I want to hang things and I don't like extra holes in the wall, so pictures usually sit for a while until I can make a decision.
I like the shape of the pictures. And I like that I can finally look at the walls and tell who lives here.

And while I'm posting about my creative endeavors, I'll share this card that Dallin helped me make for a birthday party he went to.
It was his first big kid birthday party at someone else's house without us there with him. I hear he played nice and participated, even with it being a My Little Pony themed party. 

2 comments:

Sarah Breneman said...

Your art wall is adorable! I really love that idea! And your pictures look great too,the tree picture is very cool

Katie said...

Cute! You're better than I am. I toss a lot of the crafts Lucas brings home from preschool. Maybe I should save more of it and put it up. I like your picture arrangement. And that framed tree picture you have is cute.