Thursday, February 21, 2013

Be my Valentine

Dallin got to pass out Valentines in his preschool class, so I made some for him to take to school (using my Cricut :) ).

While I was at it, I figured I'd make some for my piano students and a few other people as well. Pretty soon I was gluing small, intricate shapes on 30 cards.
 This took longer than I expected. 

The back of the card was simple.
I love how they turned out, but I think next year I'll just buy a box of Valentines for Dallin.

For the valentines I was planning to give to my piano students, I attached a piece of chocolate candy to them. And I was dumb enough to leave them out on the kitchen table.
 Connor got to one of them.
 He shoved the whole chocolate in his mouth, foil wrapper and all.
This is him signing "please," asking for more candy.

For our Valentine's Day dinner, I made fondue, same as last year. I made a chocolate silk pie for dessert, which tasted like chocolate flavored butter... in a pie shell. I'm on the lookout for a better recipe.

Dallin loves to help me in the kitchen, especially when I'm making bread dough, pie dough, biscuit dough.... He likes to eat the dough. This time I saved some pie dough scraps just for him. When there were no more dough scraps, he began eating the flour off the counter.
When Dallin sees the picture of himself on the right, he laughs and says, "Slilly!" (i.e. silly)

Happy Valentines Day from our SLILLY family.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Dang! I'm sorry the pie was a bust. Your valentine's were super cute, though, and the boys look so happy with plenty of sweets to keep them occupied.

Rebecca said...

I have the silk pie recipe from Julie. I'll email it to you. Your boys are adorable.