Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine

For Valentine's Day, we had a quiet dinner at home. I made cheese fondue using Neil and Ashley's recipe. Goodness gracious, that stuff was delicious!!! I put in a little too much cheese so it was a bit thick, but very smooth and tasty. I had imagined fondue being difficult to make, but it's pretty easy if you have an awesome recipe to use. If I can make a fondue with a baby strapped to my chest while Dallin unloads the dishes onto the floor, creating booby traps for my feet that I can't see over Connor's rotund body(see above picture for rotundness), and STILL have it turn out all right, I think anyone can handle it.

We ate on the floor on a mat Mckay got in Thailand. To dip in our fondue we had ham chunks, broccoli, asparagus, roasted potatoes, french bread, and apple slices.
And of course, what is Valentines day without a glass of Martinelli's?

Dallin got to join us on the floor. And we let him sit in his good old friend: the bumbo.
Yes, Dallin is already working on multiplication.

We ate and ate our fondue while watching Jeopardy. What could be more romantic than that?

Dessert was a Raspberry Streusel Pie.
Did you notice how I put a little heart on the crust of each piece?
Dallin did.

4 comments:

Katie said...

We did Ashley's fondue recipe on valentine's day too! It was easy and yummy! I like your pie with the cutie hearts.

MGEALICK said...

That pie looks sooooo amazing! I want some!

Alan C said...

The pie looks great. Dallin seems to be really checking out that pie. Food certainly seems to agree with Connor. Did he eat a piece of pie too?

Karen C. said...

I want some of that raspberry streusel pie. It looks delicious!