Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas: Denver

I dropped our camera on a ceramic tile floor in California, essentially breaking it. So most of the pictures in the last posts were taken by my dad (which is why I was actually in some of them). These pictures from Denver were either taken on my phone or by someone else.

We haven't been to visit our family is Denver since before Connor was born, so this trip was long overdue. Connor got to see new family members he had never meet before. Dallin had way too much fun playing with his cousins every day. He loved every minute of it.
We went to an indoor bouncy house/jungle gym/play place. Dallin went on everything by himself, and loved doing the teeter totter with Judd.

Dallin and Porter have always been buds. They closed themselves in the TV cabinet together.

We went to the Denver Zoo.
It was a cold day, but warm enough that we didn't freeze. We just bundled up really well and made sure to visit an indoor animal every once in a while.

Connor was mesmerized by the animals. Once we found an enclosure with animals in it, you couldn't pull him away.
Connor is the short one on the right.


Our nephew Isaac loves learning and asking questions. And Mckay loves to answer questions.
Mckay found an opportunity at every stop to teach Isaac something and he just soaked it right up!


Our whole group by the elephant:


We also went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. When we stopped for a picnic lunch, Dallin wanted to eat chips instead of his peanut butter sandwich. We told him to eat the sandwich first, so he found his own solution: layer the chip on top of the sandwich and eat both in one bite.
Very clever!

We also celebrated my birthday while we were in Denver. Mckay got me a new camera! He said he didn't know what he was going to get me for my birthday until I dropped the camera. I'm good at creating a need. :)

It was so fun to spend 2 weeks with our family. It was a nice relaxing break before getting back to work and school. And it was a good reminder of what is really important to us: our family.

2 comments:

Sarah Breneman said...

Yay new camera! I was really depressed when you said you dropped it, I thought the blog posts were going to be at a stand still!

Katie said...

I remember eatng doritos on my sandwiches when I was a kid. Yum! :) Yay for getting a new camera.