Thursday, January 6, 2011

Santa Cruz Beach

I'm really glad we got to go to the beach while we were in California. I was born in Santa Cruz, and while I don't remember living there because we moved when I was 2, we've gone back to visit many times. I love going to the beach. There's something so peaceful about the waves crashing up against the sand and rocks. I love looking out into the horizon and seeing nothing but water.
The big reason our group went to the beach was to see the tide pools.
The rocks are normally under water, but during low tide, you can walk on them and see the little pools in the rocks. The pools are filled with beautiful sea life like star fish...
...sea anemones...
...and sea urchins.
We also saw crabs and lots of other cool creatures.

Dallin loved the beach.
He liked looking at the waves
and running before they could get him.
He LOVED playing in the sand.
I wasn't looking forward to cleaning the sand off him, but how can you deny that face? And it's good for him to play with different textures, right?

I love this picture because when I was a little baby, my parents got a picture of me crawling on the rocks on this very same beach.
We decided that we'll have to go back to the beach when it's warmer so we can play in the water.

4 comments:

Julie Knight said...

I love love LOVE the smile on his face in that last photo. I also love the beach! We should make the beach trip part of a new
Christmas tradition.

Katie said...

Cute! You got some good pictures. His smile is so big in all of those. I love the one of you and him on the beach.

Alan C said...

Those were some great pictures you got at the beach. That was a lot of fun. I especially like the last on of Dallin.

Karen C. said...

The smile on Dallin's face is very convincing in the picture where he loved looking at the waves. I also love the picture where he is playing in the sand. The beach is one of my favorite places. I always feel calm and peaceful when I'm there. I'm glad we got the chance to go while you were home for Christmas.