Friday, January 7, 2011

Children's Museum

My parents got a Grandparents pass to the San Jose Children's Discovery Museum for Christmas. They can get in for free along with any of their grandkids. Unfortunately, the rest of us "kids" weren't free, but we still had a fun time.

I think my favorite part was making imprints of Dallin on the pin board.
This one looks really cool with Dad's face in it too:
I think Nate and Mckay were having a little too much fun.

There was a water exhibit and Dallin liked dropping balls into the water tornado.
Dallin sitting on the arch we built.
I love his face in this picture. He looks so bored but I promise he was having fun!

Notice the difference in Mckay's facial hair in this picture from the beach pictures in the last post:
He hadn't shaved all of November and December, but then he shaved on Christmas Eve as a present to my mom. It was really a present for me too!

They had a room that was made especially for young crawlers and walkers under 2 years old. There was an obstacle course of sorts for Dallin to crawl on.
It had steps, ramps and hills for him to maneuver across.

He's recently discovered that he can push buttons, so he loved this thing.
When you push the button, air blows through the tunnel and the leaves inside it swirl and fly around. He thought it was pretty awesome.

We finished our adventure with a trip to Panera Bread for Lunch. You can't go wrong with a Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so jealous you guys went to Panera! That museum looks awesome. I need to take Lucas to that obstacle course room.

Karen C. said...

I didn't see half of these exhibits. I guess I need to go back to the museum soon. I loved Mckay's gift of a clean shaven face. He's such a handsome guy!