Saturday, January 8, 2011

Big Basin and more Christmas

Here are some more Christmas pictures of Dallin that my sister sent me.

All the boy grandkids got matching outfits, so we had to get a picture before church.
Lucas didn't want to be in the shot. That's ok because you can see him in the next picture.
Dallin climbing up the stairs and playing with his cousin. Dallin and Lucas are less than 2 months apart. They missed each other so much for the last 4 months, even if they didn't realize it.
Dallin surrounded by presents. There were A LOT of them.

Dallin really enjoyed being loved, snuggled and held by his aunts and uncles
especially aunt Julie.

One of the days we were there after Christmas we went to Big Basin Redwoods State Park.
There were a lot of really big Redwood trees.

Dallin got a ride on John's shoulders.

The whole group by a "gnarly" (hee hee) tree.

A lot of the trees grow in a circular grouping.

A fire burned this tree entirely through the center and out the top, but the outside of the tree still stands. You can walk inside the tree and look up into the sky.
I conquered this tree.

Here are John and Dallin coming out of the Mother of the forest (the tallest tree in the park).

And here is the Father of the forest (the widest tree)
I'm glad the weather was pretty decent while we were in California so we could enjoy it's beautiful scenery.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I wish we would have stayed a day longer, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Big Basin is so pretty.

Alan C said...

Good photos. I glad everyong could be there. I'll post some photos soon.

Karen C. said...

I love your pictures of Big Basin. I have so many happy memories of that place.