Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Fun

We're finally back from our long Christmas break. We had a great time with family. I have tons of pictures so I'll be doing a bunch of posts over the next few days. Make sure you check back so you don't miss out on the Christmas fun!

We opened some presents to each other before we left Indiana. Dallin loved his present: Beans!
I got the idea from his occupational therapist. It's a plastic container full of dried beans and it has measuring spoons and cups in it. Playing with the beans and feeling the texture is supposed to help with his food sensitivities. He loves playing in the beans so much! He will sit contently for an entire hour playing with the beans. It's the best cheap present ever!

We spent the first week of our Christmas break in San Jose, California. We stayed with my parents at their new place. All of my siblings were there for Christmas (except for Joseph who is on a mission in Micronesia) so we had a big group and we had lots of fun.

Dallin really loved the foosball table.
Dallin loved waking up every morning to play with his cousins. He also loved the huge canister of cheese puffs that grandma got for him. He amazed us all by learning how to climb up and down stairs. I know it's a shocker, but we don't have stairs in our tiny apartment, so Dallin has never really been around stairs. It took him a few days but he figured out how to climb up them, and towards the end of our break was getting better at going back down.

Dallin didn't seem very interesting in opening presents this year. He was much more into ripping paper last year. He loved the presents inside the paper though.
He really loved this squishy ball from uncle Bret.
And he liked sitting in the trash box full of paper.

With 19 people around the tree on Christmas morning, it took quite a while to open all the presents. Dallin was the first one up on Christmas morning (making me the second) so he got worn out pretty quickly.

Grandma and Grandpa Crapo brought out the train set hoping it would entertain the kids. Unfortunately it turned out that it only entertained Mckay. Here is the evidence:
Clearly, an engineer has built this.

Stay tuned for posts about our trip to the beach, the Children's Museum, and Big Basin.

3 comments:

Julie Knight said...

Dallin was so cute! I'm glad I got to snuggle him over the Christmas holiday. I couldn't believe how big he's gotten. My arms actually got tired while holding him! He's getting to be a real chubster. It was great seeing you guys too. I can't wait to see pictures from the beach and Big Basin:)

Katie said...

It was fun to see you guys. I was so proud of Dallin. It was cute watching him crawl around and up the stairs. I've seen that bean thing before, I totally want to make one now too.

Karen C. said...

I'm pretty sure that is the most amazing track that has ever been built with our train set. Good job Mckay.
Cute picture of Dallin sleeping in Bret's lap. And I hope Dallin is nothing like his Uncle John when it comes to the cool bean toy. John would stick the beans up his nose and then we would have to take him to the doctor to pry them out. No fun!