Friday, August 6, 2010

Pioneer Day

Because of Pioneer Day a few weeks ago, Mckay had a 3 day weekend off from work. We took advantage of this and went to Price, UT to visit Mckay's aunt Cathy and her family. While visiting them, we went on a hike to better enjoy the beatiful scenery of the area. We hiked up above Joe's Valley Reservoir.

Dallin really enjoyed just hanging around and being carried the whole way.
Our "Family on a log" picture.
Unfortunately, I didn't know my eyes were closed in the picture, or we would have taken another one. But this is all we have!
After the hike we had a little picnic lunch. Here's a really bad picture of us picnicking.
Dallin really enjoyed chewing on a piece of string cheese. It still had the wrapper on it, of course, because Dallin would never let actual food that close to his mouth.

He really had a blast with that cheese.

3 comments:

John said...

YAY for a new blog post!!! That looks like a nice place for hiking. I love the pictures of Dallin chewing on the cheese. Also, it took me awhile to recognize the man with a goat as Mckay. Is he going undercover?

Katie said...

That is a pretty area. I'm glad you got to do something fun for the holiday.

Emily said...

This looks like such a fun trip. I can't wait to give Eleanor a ride in a backpack and take her on a nice hike. I hope your little family is still doing well!