Friday, May 30, 2014

Christmas leftovers

I realized that there are some things leftover from Christmas that I forgot to post on here. It only took me 5 months to get around to it...

We got Dallin and Connor a rather large present as an early Christmas gift while we were still in Indiana before we left for Christmas in Denver. Most of the money to pay for it was a Christmas present from Mckay's parents, so we made a video for them to document the boys opening it. Grandma and Grandpa got to open and watch the movie on Christmas morning. Here's the video:





The boys love having a bunk bed! Since Connor came straight from sleeping in a crib to sleeping on the top bunk, we had a few nights of adjusting, but they've done very well sleeping on the bunk bed. Sometime it's more of a jungle gym for them with the way they climb the stairs and swing around. We got one with built in stairs instead of just a small ladder because we felt more comfortable with our small children going up and down on the more stable stairs. It's a pretty great bunk bed.

As a Christmas present to my parents, I made a few scrapbooks pages for them to add to the family scrapbook. The first one is a 7 generation family tree, inspired by the one I have hanging in my living room, with acorns added at the bottom to represent all the grandchildren. It was a challenge to fit a normally 14x20 tree template onto a 12x12 srcapbook page, but I fit it all on there and I love how it turned out.

(some names blurred out for privacy)

Mom, I hope you held onto those extra acorns I sent, because you'll need to add 4 more onto the page by the end of the year. We're not the only family adding a new baby this year!

 The other two scrapbook pages are pictures of our family from 2013. Most of the photos have already been posted on the blog, but I think the pages are cute.


1 comment:

Mamacrapo said...

I was really nervous that when you said "Christmas leftovers" you were talking about...you know, Christmas leftovers! I was gonna suggest you clean your refrigerator more often. (just kidding) I have been closely guarding the extra acorms. I expect that in another week or so we will have a name to put on the first of four new acorn additions. Love your cute boys!