Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Life with 2

It's amazing to me that after just 2 short weeks, I can already see so many differences between "newborn Connor" and "newborn Dallin." Connor is very relaxed. He will often lay content all by himself, just starring off into space for a long time (20 minutes... that's a long time for a newborn to be awake and content!). He certainly loves to be held, but I like that he can be happy on his own at times.

Connor loves riding in the car seat.
I guess most babies do, but Dallin didn't. He would cry and cry. I have so many memories of trips around town to run errands with Dallin screaming in the backseat, and me telling him (or maybe I was more telling myself): "We're almost there. We're almost home."

Connor will fall asleep laying down by himself and stay asleep that way. Dallin always wanted to be held while sleeping and would often wake up within 5 minutes if you tried to put him down. I'm not trying to say that Dallin was a difficult baby. He didn't cry for hours on end and he did sleep well (again, if he was being held). I suppose this comparison is more to illustrate how each baby can be so different. And that even at such a young age, their personalities can show through. Dallin clearly thrives being around other people and he needs that closeness and contact with others.

Connor enjoys "tummy time."
I've never heard of a baby liking tummy time, so this time Connor is the odd one.
Dallin is always hopping into pictures, reminding us that he's still here. I'm sure we'll have many pictures like this over the next few years.

Here's Connor all dressed up and ready for church.

Connor's first bath.
He was okay with it at first.
But then he got cold and mad.

Dallin is definitely growing up a lot. He has figured out how to climb up on things. His favorite is the kitchen table.
I'm not even sure what he expects to do when he gets up there, since it's cleared off most of the time.

He is attempting to say a lot of words and he's always learning more sign language. He has started "inventing" signs when he wants something and doesn't know the sign for it. He'll make some gang sign with his hand, mumble some jibberish and expect you to know what he wants. At least he's made the connection that signs equal communication!

My mom was here for 2 1/2 wonderful weeks helping us with the kids.
Dallin loved having her here and he's gotten used to snuggling with her in the mornings. He was very sad to see her go today. I was too because now I'm on my own during the day.
I managed lunchtime alright though, thanks to the wrap.
Having a water birth AND wearing my baby in a moby wrap: I have all kinds of hippie street cred now.

4 comments:

neil said...

I just have a slight correction, Sheri. Hippies don't have street cred; they have commune cred.

Katie said...

I love that Dallin keeps jumping into the pictures. He looks so big next to Connor. They look really similar too. You should do pictures of them at the same ages.

Alan C said...

I'm glad Mom was able to help out for a while, but I am glad to have her home. Thank you for posting so many cute photos.

Karen C. said...

I love that Moby wrap. I hope you're getting lots of good use out of it. I'm glad you put a lot of pictures in this post. I can't get enough of seeing these cute little guys. I'm so glad I got to stay with you guys and enjoy your wonderful family. I love you all so much!