Friday, May 27, 2011

Sneaky

Dallin is really a smart, sneaky little boy. He knows when he's getting into something he shouldn't. He tries to be really quiet when he does, because he knows that as soon as I find him playing with the forbidden item, it's gone.

He's discovering how to manipulate his surroundings to get what he wants. The other day, I caught him like this:
He moved the stool over the the window (it wasn't there before) and climbed up on it so he could look out the window. When I came in, he was just bouncing and staring out the window, laughing and talking. Of course, when he discovered me trying to take his picture, he started to climb down from the stool, hence his position in the picture.

He's also starting to take some independent steps all on his own. He's going to be running around before I know it. I'm in trouble...

4 comments:

Katie said...

He is so clever. He really is starting to move. You better watch out!

Alan C said...

Now that he is getting so mobile, it is "uphill" from here.

John said...

What a clever boy he is! I think I recognize that stool he's on. I remember building something like that in scout camp.

Karen C. said...

He loves being outside. No wonder he wanted to climb up and look out the window. It makes me laugh to think of him bouncing up and down with glee! Such a little sweetie. I hope you will post videos of him taking a few steps.