Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Joseph's Birthday

My little brother Joseph just turned 19. Since he's here at BYU and away from home, we wanted to make the day special for him. Katie and I took him out to lunch. He chose Cafe Rio. Good choice!
The baby boys liked playing with Joseph.
And Lucas really enjoyed his pork burrito.

Later that night, we had a little party complete with cake and ice cream.
Some of our family in the area came to celebrate with Joseph. I made a devil's food cake with this amazing dark chocolate creamy frosting. It was quite delicious, if I do say so myself.
As if the lunch and cake wasn't enough, Joseph also got birthday presents! He got a few little things that will help him be ready for his mission. I can't believe my little Joey bear is all grown up and ready to go to Guam for 2 years. Happy Birthday Joseph!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That was a fun day! And that cake you made was amazing.

Julie Knight said...

Little Jobin is all grown up... It seems like just yesterday that he was coming home from the hospital with Mom and Dad. I suddenly feel so old to be able to remember it so vividly:~}

Karen C. said...

Oh! My little Joey bear is getting to be such a big boy!

Looks like you helped him have a fun day for his birthday. You can't go wrong with Cafe Rio and chocolate cake. I love the face Joseph is making in the first picture (the one with Katie).

And Sammy is so cute in his glasses!

John said...

Good times. That Cafe Rio is good stuff. I can't believe Josinfeffer is a grown boy already.