Friday, October 9, 2009

best. book. ever.

While perusing the local library today, I came across a fabulous book that I think no home should be without.

I'm sure my mom would enjoy this book. Adapted from the story of the Gingerbread man, the story starts as a baker makes a man out of his leftover matzah dough. Of course, after the dough is baked, the Matzah man pops out of the oven, recites a rhyme, and runs away. And everyone in town wants to have that matzah man at their very own Passover Sedar, so they begin chasing him through town. The best part of the whole book is at the very end when the matzah man comes upon the house of a young boy. The boy tells the matzah man he has a perfect place for him to hide, and the boys helps the matzah man onto a plate and covers him with a napkin. If only the matzah man had been taught about Jewish traditions! He should have known that he had been tricked into being the Afikoman, and the matzah man is then served to the guests at the end of the passover meal.
If you're not familiar with the Jewish traditions of Passover, read up on it and this story will be a lot funnier.

Seriously, a great book.


4 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Sounds like a good one.... at our house we like "The Stinky Cheese Man"...also an adaptation of the Gingerbreadman story.

Katie said...

Hee hee! This book sounds like fun. You're right, Mom would love it.

Kersey said...

Man! Looks like a winner! Sorry I missed it. I'll look for it next time! It was good to see you and the baby today!

Karen C. said...

I can't believe I have never seen that book. It sounds wonderful. Guess what I want for Christmas...