Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Pi Day!



Coming from a family of engineers, and being married to a math and engineering guy, Pi day is a pretty big deal.  To celebrate pi day this year, I made a delicious apple pie. 




The Math department at BYU always does something on campus to celebrate pi day.  Since it was on a Saturday this year, they had to celebrate on Friday, because very few people are on campus on Saturday.  Among the pi day festivities was an Integration Bee (think of a spelling bee, but with integrals from calculus).  Mckay competed in the Integration Bee and he won first place!  Although I wasn't able to be there to see it, I hear he was amazing.  This bee was a qualifying round of sorts to see who will compete in the big competion this friday.  I hope that he'll be able to go and that I can go cheer him on, but the baby has a mind of his own, so we'll see.  I am so amazed at Mckay for winning.  He loves math and he is so smart.  I'm proud of him.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh yum! That pie looks good. Maybe you need me to come down and visit you. Or maybe we can just make another one when mom comes out.

John said...

Congratulations to Mckay on winning! That pie looks delicious.

Alan C said...

Yea for Pi day and all things geek and delicious.

Karen C. said...

OK... an Integration Bee supercedes most levels of nerdliness! Nevertheless, I'm happy that Mckay won it. I'm pretty convinced that he is amazingly smart because he married Sheri and she is a good catch.
Kudos to Mckay for winning the contest and Sheri, that pie looks delicious!