Monday, March 9, 2009

The Baby Room

I've been working on getting the baby's room ready for when he's born.  Since the due date is approaching, I've really cracked down to get the room finished.  When we moved into the apartment, the second bedroom became the place to put things that didn't really have a place.  As a result, the room was really cluttered and full of stuff.  But I've worked to get the room looking good (which was a challenge sometimes with me being pregnant!).  It still needs a dresser for all his cute little clothes, but it's pretty much ready for a little guy to live in. 

before



after



And here is a close up of the crib.  Notice the cute cribskirt that my sister-in-law made.

3 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Awesome! Our bassinet is set up, but is currently used as clean laundry storage...:) Can you believe it's coming so soon? Are you having contractions yet? Can't wait to meet the little dude...

Katie said...

Wow, that is quite the improvement. You might not have room for the love sac and a dresser, though. And I don't think piling his clothes on the love sac will work. I can't wait till he gets here. Any day now...

Karen C. said...

How delightful that there is a bed in the baby's room for visiting Grandmothers. I can't wait to come try out that spare bed and snuggle with your new little baby in the Love Sac. Make sure the baby knows he is supposed to wait until I get there before being born. I want to see him when he is brand new and still has that wonderful new baby smell!