Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Fun

It's been pretty hot here. At times it's a little too hot out for my taste, but Dallin still wants to go out and play. The other day I sent him out in the backyard with a little plastic honey bear bottle full of water. I showed him how you could "draw" with the water on the concrete patio, then left him to his own creativity.  I think he mostly got the water on himself.

I was inside doing dishes with a clear view of him playing. When he ran out of water every few minutes, he would come press his face up against the glass door.
 Then he would knock and start signing "water."
 He kept knocking until I came to fill his water.

I finally got smart and gave him another bigger bottle: an empty syrup bottle.
He watered the grass for me.

 But then he just watered himself.
He had a blast and it was an easy, free summer activity that watered my grass, kept Dallin occupied and let me do the dishes. Everyone wins!

2 comments:

Sarah Breneman said...

That's awesome. He's such a funny little boy!

Karen C. said...

Brilliant idea, Sheri. Kids love to play with water and putting it in the syrup bottle and honey bear container kept it manageable. You're such a clever mom. Loved the pictures!