Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Park and the Beach


We went to San Francisco on Saturday and stopped by the Golden Gate Park. There was an awesome slide there and Dallin went down many times. First with aunt Katie.
 And finally with me.

Mckay successfully climbed to the top of the structure!
 Mckay and Dallin in a spinning seat.

Dallin wanted to bury Connor in the sand.
 I don't think Connor would have appreciated it.

While we were in San Francisco, we also went to Ghirardelli Square for some huge ice cream sundaes, and then down Lombard street directly afterwards. Maybe not the best combination.
(photo source: wikipedia)

On Tuesday we joined my uncles Mark and Brian for lunch at Togo's.
 Dallin loves Mark.

Then we went to the beach near my where we parents lived 25 years ago. We drove by the first house I lived in. At the beach, we were jealous of this sweet ride.

Connor was scared of the waves.
Every time they came towards him, he grabbed onto grandma very tightly and looked away.
Dallin stood cautiously by the waves.
 I don't think he was scared, just not a huge fan of the cold water.

 He preferred playing in the sand.
He buried our feet in the sand.

Connor was much happier once he was safely on dry ground.
 You may be wondering where Joseph was this whole time. He was building this:
I think a big wave washed it away 5 minutes later.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like a fun beach trip. I think it's cute Conner was scared of the waves.

Sarah Breneman said...

Cute pictures. We'll have to take another trip to the beach at Christmas

Karen C. said...

No wonder I was so tired after you left--we did a lot of fun things! The beach is always one of my favorite places to go. We'll have to keep taking Dallin and Connor there until they love it as much as I do. I'm so glad you came to visit!!!!