Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birthday Boy

We threw a little birthday party for Dallin and invited some of his friends over.  On the menu: Dallin's favorite foods.
  We had bagels, peanut butter, crackers, pepperoni, deli meat, cheese, olives, and a rainbow of fruits.
 Dallin LOVES cantaloupe, and he also likes grapes and apples. He won't eat strawberries and bananas, so they were there for the rest of us to eat (and to complete the rainbow).
 Dallin enjoyed his food with his friends, while Connor played with his baby friends.
 Then Dallin opened his presents.
 He got lots of great stuff from his grandparents and friends.

 And I made a crayon roll for him.
I'll show you some close ups because I'm just so proud of it.

I made a Lego birthday cake.
 There was kind of a Lego theme to the party. I made Lego guy heads to hold the utensils. 
And Lego bunting for decorations.
There aren't really triangle shaped legos, so this took some creative thinking to make.
 Dallin blew out all of his candles... one at a time.
 He played with his cake for a bit, but didn't try any. Three birthdays, and I still can't get that kid to eat his cake. That's okay though. There are worse things in life than a kid who won't eat cake.
 And it look's like he had a pretty good time, don't you think?

 It was a great day. We played, ate, watched General Conference, went on a walk...

Mckay had brats with the guys from church before the priesthood session of conference for the men, so we were on our own for dinner. I made another one of Dallin's favorite foods: pizza. I made us a little BBQ chicken pizza to share.
His is the side with less cheese on it. It may have been his birthday and we definitely spoiled him, but he still has to watch his calcium intake.

4 comments:

John said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! I can't believe he's three already. He's getting to be such a big boy. I sure miss him.

Katie said...

I like the lego themed stuff. And that crayon roll turned out so cute! Good job!

Karen C. said...

Your menu was genius! So smart to just go with the simple things that Dallin (and kids in general) enjoy. And the decoration were creative and cute. I love all the pictures. I'm glad Dallin had a good birthday.

Alan C said...

Happy birthday Dallin. I love the Lego birthday cake. Nicely done.