Wednesday, April 18, 2012

6 months



Connor is 6 months old now. He likes:
  • grabbing his feet.
  • the song "If you're happy and you know it..." -- He could be screaming his head off and will stop as soon as he hears someone singing that song.
  • playing with Dallin's toys instead of his own.



  • scooting his little bum down in his bathtub so he can drink the bath water.

 
(picture censoring brought to you by the letter N)

  • posing for pictures with Dallin. (Actually, Dallin couldn't stand that a photo shoot was going on without him in it)


Connor's accomplishments:

He's able to sit up on his own for 20-30 seconds at a time.

After trying for months to get him to roll over, he's finally done it! I think all 4 occasions were an accident and he doesn't quite know how to do it again, but at least I know he's capable of it!

His preferred method of moving is scooting/rotating his body around in a circle.
I have to remember now to clear a 2 foot circle around him before setting him down. When I don't, he eats paper.

On a related note: he has started solid foods (real ones besides paper).
 So far, he's not sure about butternut squash or sweet potatoes.
 We'll try bananas next.

He's a really good sleeper. I just lay him down in his crib awake and he falls asleep on his own... without any sleep training! And he hasn't taken a pacifier for months now so this is all on his own! This has been very different from our experience with Dallin so this is new for us. He wakes up once or twice a night to eat, but is sleeping for longer stretches of time consistently.

 He's growing a lot. Here's how Connor compares next to Dallin right now:

Wow, I guess Dallin has been growing a lot too.

Connor is such a sweet, happy, easy going baby. Bring on the next 6 months!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Cute! I love his 6 month picture. I like the censoring too. Happy 6 months Connor.

John said...

He's really growing! I love the censoring job by the way, very creative. Connor is a really cute kid.

Alan C said...

6 months... I need to see all of you again. It has been too long. Very cute photos.

Karen C. said...

The strategically placed letter "N" picture is priceless. Connor is so adorable. I love all of these pictures. You really need to bring these babies to California so I can play with them. I miss them so much!