Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Our apartment complex had an Easter egg hunt for the kids at the clubhouse. Apparently, the eggs are all found within 2 minutes, so if you are 10 minutes late, there are no eggs left to hunt. But there were some extra not-hidden eggs that Dallin got to have. I think he was so thrilled about having his own basket full of eggs, he didn't even know he missed out on the hunt.

He didn't really care about the jelly beans inside the eggs, but he knew they made a cool noise when he shook them!
Inspecting each egg.

For Easter breakfast, I made a cinnamon "monkey bread"-like creation. It was gooey and delicious!

For dinner we had a traditional Easter dinner: Ham, cheesy potato casserole, homemade rolls, and asparagus.
Dallin liked eating the potatoes and the rolls.

And Dallin learned a trick for Easter. Back in my days of teaching school, I got a whistle so I could help out with P.E. and recess. This whistle now sits mostly unused next to my drum and sock puppet (tools every teacher should have). Dallin found the whistle and figured out how to blow into it all by himself. He couldn't blow out his birthday candles, but a whistle is no problem for him...

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is hilarious. Your dinner looks so yummy. And Dallin looks so cute with his Easter spoils.

Alan C said...

I'm glad that Dallin had fun with Easter. He sounds like he is doing a good job of imitating a bird with the whistle. I like it. The food looks really good.

Karen C. said...

That video cracks me up. I watched it about a million times. Your Easter dinner looks surprisingly just like the Easter dinner that we had here in California. Coincidence?