Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brined Turkey

For Thanksgiving this year, we are staying here in Indiana. Unfortunately, this means we won't get to be with any of our family, but it also means that I will be making my very first turkey! I'm really excited to make a turkey and all the fixings that go with it. I wanted to try soaking the turkey in a brine. I've heard it makes for a juicier meat. We'll see. Today my turkey is soaking in brine. I used this recipe. On Thursday I'll use this recipe to make a delicious Roast Turkey with Apple Cider Gravy.

If it ends up tasting as good as this looks
I think I'll be pretty happy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm really impressed. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

John said...

That does look pretty amazing. I want to hear how it turned out. Happy Thanksgiving! We're excited to see you guys at Christmas.